- When will Clean Harbors release its quarterly results?
- View our Calendar of Events.
- Where is Clean Harbors based?
- Clean Harbors is based in Norwell, Massachusetts. The Company's address is 42 Longwater Drive, Norwell, MA 02061-9149. The telephone number for investor inquiries is 781.792.5000. The company also has offices located throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Find a Clean Harbors location.
- What does Clean Harbors do?
- Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services. Through its vast network of service centers and waste management, treatment and disposal facilities, Clean Harbors provides a broad range of services. Services include hazardous material management and disposal services including the collection, packaging, recycling, treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, and a wide variety of environmental cleanup services on customer sites or other locations on a scheduled or emergency response basis. The company also offers industrial and specialty services, such as high-pressure and chemical cleaning, decoking, material processing, as well as industrial lodging, exploration and directional boring services.
Clean Harbors' Safety-Kleen subsidiary is a leading North American used oil recycling and re-refining, parts cleaning and environmental solutions company for small quantity waste generators, and has the largest re-refining capabilities of used oil into base and blended lube oils. Safety-Kleen provides a broad set of environmentally-responsible products and services that keep businesses in balance with the environment. Learn more at Safety-Kleen.com »
- Who are the company's primary customers?
- The Company's principal customers are utility, chemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical, transportation and industrial firms, as well as educational institutions, other environmental service companies and government agencies. Clean Harbors' customers include a majority of the Fortune 500.
- Who are Clean Harbors' competitors?
- Clean Harbors' competitors range from national service providers to regional firms and a number of smaller companies.
- What is Clean Harbors' primary competitive advantage?
- Clean Harbors has earned a reputation among its customers as the premier supplier of environmental, energy and industrial services based upon its quality, responsiveness, customer service, information technologies, breadth of product offerings and cost effectiveness.
- What is the company's growth strategy?
- Clean Harbors strategy is to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with a diversified group of customers who have recurring needs for treatment and disposal services, laboratory chemical packing services, field services and industrial services, and information technologies, as well as training in managing their overall environmental program. The Company strives to achieve internal growth by expanding its network of service centers, penetrating the industrial maintenance services market, improving utilization of existing facilities by increasing volumes of waste processed, developing new waste management services, capitalizing on industry consolidation and providing value-added-commerce solutions. In addition, Clean Harbors expects to achieve growth through strategic acquisitions.
- What is management's background and expertise?
- Clean Harbors has a strong and experienced management team. In addition, Clean Harbors has achieved continuity within its senior management team, which averages 20 years of experience at the firm. Alan McKim founded Clean Harbors in 1980 and he continues on as chairman and CEO. Please visit our Corporate Governance section to learn more about Clean Harbors' senior management.
- How many employees does Clean Harbors currently have?
- As of December 31, 2019, Clean Harbors had approximately 14,400 employees.
- What is the company's ticker symbol and where is the stock traded?
- Clean Harbors, Inc. stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the symbol CLH.
- Which financial analysts cover Clean Harbors?
- View list of analysts who cover Clean Harbors
- Does Clean Harbors have a dividend reinvestment program?
- Clean Harbors does not currently offer dividend payments. Therefore, no dividend reinvestment program is available.
- How do I buy Clean Harbors stock?
- The Company's stock can be purchased through your broker or by using an online investment service. Clean Harbors does not offer a direct stock purchase plan.
- Whom can I contact regarding shareholder questions?
- Investor Relations Department, Clean Harbors, Inc. at 42 Longwater Drive, Norwell, MA 02061-9149. Email: InvestorRelations@cleanharbors.com
- If I have lost my certificate or changed my address, whom do I contact?
- The Company's transfer agent and registrar is American Stock Transfer & Trust Company and should be contacted for change of address, lost certificates or other related matters.
American Stock Transfer & Trust Company
40 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005
Shareholder inquiries call: 800.937.5449
- How can I obtain an investor package or be placed on the company's distribution list?
- To receive additional corporate information, please email your request to ShareholderServices@cleanharbors.com.
- When does Clean Harbors' fiscal year end?
- Clean Harbors' fiscal year is based on the calendar year ending December 31.
- What are Clean Harbors' revenues?
- The Company’s annual revenues for the year ended December 31, 2019 were approximately $3.4 billion.
- How many shares of common stock does Clean Harbors have outstanding?
- As of December 31, 2019, Clean Harbors had approximately 56.1 million shares of common stock outstanding.
- When was Clean Harbors founded?
- The company was founded in 1980 by Alan McKim.
- When did Clean Harbors become a public company?
- The company completed its initial public offering in 1987.